Sunday, July 19, 2015

Courage.



cour·age

 the ability to do something that frightens one.

"she called on all her courage to face the ordeal"

 strength in the face of pain or grief.

"he fought his illness with great courage"

synonyms: bravery, courageousness, pluck, pluckiness, valor, fearlessness, intrepidity, nerve, daring, audacity, boldness, grit, true grit, hardihood, heroism, gallantry;


Ever since Caitlyn Jenner came out as transgender, I have ignored the memes, scrolled past the criticisms and wandered on to better  thoughts and ideas.
Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and thoughts. Me defending my own simply wastes my breath.
Today while having dinner with my children, I saw another and I said aloud, "fuck it, if they can spew their bullshit, well then so can I."
And that is what I am doing. If you are go  to be offended I don't give two fucks.

Caitlyn Jenner IS in fact courageous. SHE has come out to her family, which is hard enough. But she did it publicly and she did it that way for a reason. She wants to help other people like her.
I have been born and raised to be Patriotic. I have an entire wall in my home dedicated to my father and late Father in Law that shows their hard work and honor in defending their country.
I love my country and no matter who is leading it, I will support him because he is my president. I am honored that my family has had a part in defending it.
By saying that Caitlyn Jenner is courageous, this In no way diminishing the acts of courage that our soldiers endure each and every day.
To YOU, maybe Caitlin is not courageous. But to a million others she is.
To me she is.
She is the face of where the world is right now. And when people rant and rave about being pissed off at "The gays rights" all I can compare them to is the people who were furious about women's right to vote or the abolishment of slavery.
The world is evolving. Its people are evolving, as we have always done. You have two choices. Acceptance and education or stay stagnant and angry.
As much as I love our military, the word courage does not only belong to them.

It takes courage to be bare to others.

It takes courage to be a single mom who will go a week and hardly eat so that her children have food.
It takes courage to walk into an AA meeting and come back again the following week.
It takes courage to start a new business and be responsible for another human beings livelihood.
It takes courage to leave an abusive relationship.
It takes courage to do many things.
This is not a competition. I can understand others people beliefs and thoughts on it and you are entitled to them. And so am I.







No comments: