Sunday, February 16, 2014

Slinging.

Most nights I fall into bed, and I swear that my eyes close before my head hits my mound of pillows. (5 of them to be exact)

I started slinging again in January. And now I have a steady stream of party goers and hostesses (Thank God!)

I started selling passion products again because I was in a dilemma.
My dilemma was quite simple and quite annoying.
I was broke. And I was tired of it.

So it came down to about a month of hard thinking and decision making. I could either attend college and get a degree of some sort, which would end with me quitting my job. (And boredom)

I could quit my job and find something closer. But again...there's the job quitting thing and I sort of love where I work.

I could go on welfare and collect some sort of money or food stamps, which, while I have no problem with welfare done right....This was the last option for me.

I am raising my kids on my own. And I want to DO it on my own. I simply don't want threats of my house being sold out from under me while doing so.

I was in a quandary.

A Pickle.

A standstill.

That was when I got asked to sling...again.
I knew I was good at it when I did it last, and like my day job I love it. I have a passion for it.

But when would I have time? How could I do this?

"Can I do this?" I asked Brandee during our morning walk

"I really think you can Beanie. You can do it, you will just have to schedule everything...like...very well."

"Okay. Okay I will try."

And so I have been.

Two weeks ago found me with parties scheduled on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night.

All in a row.

I brought clothes with me and changed in the Twos bathroom, whipping off my Buhach Apron and throwing on a striped dress and shrug. My compact I balanced on the diaper shelf while I applied thick eyeliner and whisked on mascara.

"Beanie...Beanie...what are you putting on your eyes?" Nico asked me, curiously talking to my reflection as my mouth contorted and I applied the thick black stuff.

"Its mascara Nico."

"Oh. Does that hurt your eyes?"

"No."

"What does it do? Is it like batman?"

"Yes. Exactly like batman."

He shrugged and walked away to finish the snack I had layed out for the remaining children at the center.

The next three nights had me falling into bed next to my already softly snoring daughter. I would kiss her cheek or hold her hand or touch her hair as I fell into a coma that was never long enough.
Only to snap awake again as my phone ordered me to "Wake the fuck up" at 5:30 the next morning.

So far I love it.

I especially loved it when I sent my mortgage in earlier then I had too, and bought Emma the kick ass backpack from Hot topic.

"Mom I feel really bad that you spent that much on me."

"Stop it. This is why I work two jobs. Just exactly for this. To be able to do this."

I smiled and so did she.

Once a month I decided to take a whole weekend off for Emma. This was one of them. I was then asked to do a private consult for a couple.


"Can you come Sunday?"

"No I am sorry I have a wedding and I am booked up until April."

"How about Saturday. Saturday night?"

I was just about to deny her again when ..."Please? And we will have cash." scrolled across my messenger.

I sighed, checked my calendar and replied with "I have you scheduled for a consult from 8-9 on Saturday evening."

Guiltily.

I felt guilty.



I hope that I can keep up with this. I hope that it ends up as successful as I feel it will become. I hope.
Because I don't have anyone else to do this for me. Just me.

I have no one else to buy Emma Zombie shirts and put her on the path of amazing. Just me.

So until I become the highest paid person to ever teach pre-k, this is where I will be.

Slinging.








No comments: