Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wake up.

Every morning I awake at 5:00, brew up some coffee and check my facebook while my eyes try to slam open and get ready for the new day.

This morning I hit my snooze button, which....I never EVER do.

I am not ashamed dear readers, to admit to you, the fact that I still have my happy cuppycake christmas tree standing on my bedside table.

Why?

Simply because Emma and I just were not ready to give it up. I have to say that the twinkly lights both make me happy, and serve as an UBER happy nightlight.

So at 5:10 am I jump out of bed...And by jump, what I mean is...I creak. But whatever, don't judge me.

I pee, brew coffee and head to the shower.

Between the pee and the coffee, I have started the dishes and then walked away because I forgot that I was doing them.
I plugged in my MP3 player and left it dangling off of my computer desk.
I let Karma outside to pee someplace that is not my house.

Today I am running late because of the fucking snooze.

I head out the door showered and zipped in my blue hoodie by 5:50.

I start my car up, (it squeals because it is so cold.) I mutter an apology to my neighbors, but it is halfhearted, since most of them have been up for 3 days straight....and head down the road with my body hunched all of the way in the passenger side because that is the only part of the windshield that I can see properly out of.

I pull up to Brandees at 6:05 and I meet her at her door. We do not talk. It is too early.

She smiles and I have to pee...AGAIN. I do so and her dog follows me into the bathroom. I greet her (Because she is my favorite) and she stuffs her head into my underwear while I pee. "Tinky! That is SO RUDE!" I say and she backs up. But not for 15 seconds.

We head out the door and walk with out ears stuffed full of music. From what I can tell, Brandee listens to a lot of old school and Fergie.

 I listen to Eminem, NIN and Tupac.

At the bottom of the hill, she snaps a picture of us both. We smile. I am wearing the chewbacca hat that Dinga gave me, and she is adorned in the rainbow sock monkey hat that Deanna gifted me with at Christmas time.
We don't usually where hats, but it is fucking freezing that early.

We point our water bottles at the top of the hill and away we go.

Today we see alot of men.

Men walking together, chatting about who knows what. I'm so curious that I want to follow them just to listen.

We see joggers without monkeys and chewbaccas on their heads. They smile at us.

We see a man walking with a newspaper, and Im confused but we keep walking.

When I change my music I can hear Brandee singing to funky comadina. (or whatever the fuck that song is)

 I smile. And flinch when a biker spins past.

Usually I can just walk and nod. But if perchance Tupac comes on, I cannot help it.
I try.

I reaaaaaally Try.

But I fail every time and spew out the lyrics to ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

I cannot help it.

I may be a honky, but I love Tupac.

And if Limp Bizkit comes on, forget about it. Not only will I sing, but I have to dance too.

While I walk I think about what is going on that day. I laugh at Brandee dancing and I watch the world wake up.


No comments: