Saturday, November 16, 2013

How tweakers save the world.


People ask when the Zombie apocalypse is coming. I say, its already here bitches. Look around you.

You can see it everywhere.
The sunken in cheeks. The dark circles under the eyes. Broken off blackened teeth. Yep. Tweakers. The Zombies of the new age.

They gather at night, in dirty broken down homes that 'they' think are immaculate (because they stay up all night long squatted in front of their electronic cluster pulling out wires and organizing the shit that they traded their last bike for.

They plot revenge against people who do them wrong and spew what they call "real talk" to each around lung fulls of plastic white smoke.

These Zombies believe in a false sense of honor. And every once in awhile can come to "care" for another human being as one of their own. (I quotation-ed the word care, because it is my belief that they only mimic human emotion.)

They roll play.

This blog has been In the works for quite some time. I believe that I have had enough experience dealing with these zombies, as I have lived next door to one for damn near 13 years.

I have loved one as well. Gotten one cleaned up, (with regular dental visits even!) and immersed in family life for almost a year.
My experience was that he didn't understand the family dynamic.

At my family meetings, at first he would hunch down and stare at us all from beneath his hat like we were going to rip him off at any notice.

Soon enough, he was passing around happy items and becoming human once again.

Have you seen Warm bodies?

It was much like that, only when he talked I would listen with a look on my face much akin to this:

But that is beside the point. If you have watched the walking Dead then you have seen my Ex-boyfriend. You know, one of the Zombies that clamber up to the fence growling and snarling for his next fix of Meth....er brains.

Yep. More then once I've said "HEY! That reminds me of _________" Fill in the line yourself people. Snitches get stitches in the West.

They are not bad "people"
(Notice the quotations again?)
In fact my neighbor is THE BEST neighbor ever. I wouldn't want another. I'm quite confident in her neighbor-ism. I care for her even.

The reason for the TITLE of my blog is coming about now.
The other day I met my Ex-husband at a dusty dirty appliance part store. He was fixing my dryer.

This appliance store was on 9th street. Right next to the recycling plant.

While chatting with Chris, I saw a Zombie walk by carrying a piece of metal that was twice his size (that is another sign...super human Zombie strength.)

He was walking with that Zombie walk, heaving the huge thing down the street, I think he was so happy with his find that I noticed something resembling LIFE in his eyeballs.

That's when it hit me!

Tweakers are the BEST recyclers EVER. They go through my trash, filter out all of the recycling, replaced my trash neatly and move on to the next can.
In fact I DO NOT recycle exactly for that reason.
When people come over, drink a pop and try to save a can I order them to throw it in the garbage for my friendly neighborhood Zombies.

People look at me weird.....(It is something I am used to)
But it is true. That man/woman has a job to do every Monday morning. They get up.....er...stay UP simply to go through our trash and find all of the bottles, cans and recycled items so they can turn them in for cash.

It happens without fail.

They will strip wiring for copper to recycle, glass as well.

HELL. If we did not have the Zombies, maybe our earth would be even more polluted. So there you have it. That is how tweakers save the world.

So if you live in a neighborhood, where a man in a bike hunches over your trash can every Monday morning, don't fret. It's good for the bottle.... Its good for the can.

 

As a side note, I know that sometimes. It is extremely RARE...but Zombies can change! It just takes something bigger then themselves. Something like the love of your child.

For these Re-People, I salute you. That shit is hard. You deserve an award, a trophy...or a kickass T-shirt.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME, FUNNY and TRUE!!! You are brilliant!