Thursday, September 4, 2014

Poop Enchilada.






Yesterday Nico was ratted on for calling someone a "Poop enchilada".
I had to hide my face behind a bucket of Legos so as to appear stern and adult-ish.

The child who told looked at me with disdain. (Children, while small and fartish understand when you are laughing behind objects.)

Nico sees that he has been snitched on and wanders over. The following conversation occurs:

Nico:  "Look....Can we talk?"

Me: "Shoot"

Nico " Okay I did say that. I did."

Me: "Thank you for being honest with me, What did you say Nico?"

Nico: "Well. I called him a poop enchilada"

Me (covering my face with a bucket of legos again.)

Nico: *smiling "It is funny right?"

Me: "You know what NICO....."

And then I didn't know what to say. Because YES. It was fucking hilarious that he thought it was necessary to call him an ENTIRE poop enchilada. I mean...that is creative....and I cannot lie to him... BUT Nico has poop Tourette's and everyone loves telling on him.

I am at an impasse, So instead I ignore his question....

Me: "Does your daddy want you to say poop?"

Nico: "No."

Me: "Can you tell me what made you mad enough to describe him as layers and layers of poop with cheese on top?"

Nico: "Yes. I had a whole town built and he came over and ruined it. It made me mad at him so I called him a poop enchilada."

While he says that he smiles, because he likes the sound of it in his ears.

Me: "NICO!" 

I call the child over who snitched. "Okay Nico, I can understand you being upset, Now use better words"

Nico: "I don't like that you ruined my building, how sad, rude rat!"

They walked away to play together once again and I sat at the Lego table and looked to my left. "That just happened. I just spent 10 minutes of my day negotiating poop enchiladas."

The child shrugged and smiled "It was funny."

And then I sighed with my entire body, because yes. It was.





No comments: