Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mommas Day.

This morning I made myself coffee and as I waited for it to drip I snacked on a piece of cold pizza.
Karma lounged at my feet blinking up at me slowly.

I just stared at her smiling, she wasn't happy that I left the warm bed.

My phone was making bubble sounds and dings.

I blinked down at it, but I am a self proclaimed BBC. (Bitch Before Coffee) So I figured I would wait to answer the Mothers day Messages.

The Best thing that has ever happened to me, have been my children.
When they were small, it was the goopy kisses and dirty faces and birthday parties.
But that all changes when your children get older.

When your children get older, you get to watch them make decisions, form conclusions and build thought processes.

You get to watch all of YOUR decisions as a parent come to fruition. And you hope, sometimes with stilted breath, that they are good ones.

I've been a mother for almost 19 years.
I wouldn't trade the mud puddles and glittery tooth fairy dollars for anything.
The late nights and early mornings, the gooey kisses and growth spurts. The attitude, the crazy talk and the laughter that only my offspring can give me.

When your children are very young, you love every homemade card and coupon book that they make.

TIP: Save those coupon books for when they are teenagers. (Those things never have expiration dates.)

When they are old enough to make you breakfast in bed, You bite around the burned parts and quietly spit out the grounds in your coffee.

Before you know it, they are old enough to take you out to dinner and she can recite poetry to you.

My gifts are abundant.
They are treasured and loved beyond measure or words.
Motherhood does all of that for me.







No comments: