Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A bucketfull of boogers!

My Dinga is 7 weeks pregnant today.

I know this for several reasons.

1) She is my best freckily friend, and any BFF worth her salt knows the date of her knocked up friend.

2) I have a pregnancy calendar on my phone that tracks the development of "cletus" and the emotions that Dinga could, should or WILL be going through.

So far The smell of smoke makes her puke. Which in hindsight is good. No smoking for baby. It might make him retarded or his ears automatically bigger.

She has no desire for chocolate. Wierd if you know Dawn.

Soda, a drink that she used to guzzle all day long, makes her nauseous. For a single day, she enjoyed Arizona fruit punch, but today it made her sick.

She is at a loss over what she should drink.

Today, as I walked into work, Dawn was sitting at her desk talking to a very small, very cute old lady. Soon she walked her around the classes, but I could tell by the pinkish color beneath her freckils, that something was wrong.

As the lady left she started muttering under her breath about smelly old ladies.

"She smelled?" I asked

"YES! Like boogers!"

I looked at Mindy, and back to Dawn "Boogers DON'T smell."

"Yes they do..you know when a kid is sick, (gag) and they are snotty..and they...(gag)..smell like boogers?!"

My head shook in time with Mindy's.

5 minutes later the sound of her wretching could be heard.

She exploded out of the bathroom "She smelled like ....a BUCKET of boogers!"

I laughed because, well, I couldn't help it. Plus, since Dawn is the mate to my soul, I'm ecstatic to be here during this whole pregnancy thing. (I even saved her pee test for Beanies baby book ..a work in progress)

A few hours later Dawn kept sniffing around the office. "You smell that?" She muttered.

"Boogers again?"

"No...someone pooped dude. Did you Fart?"

"Nope...don't even gatta."

*sniffsniff*

"But I smell doo doo."

I sniffed my shoulder, I sniffed the air. I smelled nothing.

5 Minutes later....

*sniffsniff* "I smell poo!"

I finally made her sniff me because she had me convinced a fart was stuck in my underware or something, Thankfully ....no.

I feel bad for my Dawn Dinga, But at the same time, I am loving sharing all of these experiences with her. I cannot wait for the next ultrasound. (This time I will NOT wear a rainbow mumu and a viking hat!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Awwwww congratulations to your Dinga, I wish her a healthy pregnancy! I hope she finds a beverage to stay down and no more boogery old ladies come to make her yak.... But yes sick boogers do smell! Blech..........