Sunday, April 29, 2012

Buh bye Beanie.




When I made the decision to leave Kinder care, it wasn't easy. Kinder care has been my home for almost 5 years. Some of the school age children, I potty trained. I feel as deeply embedded in the 43 year old tiles as anyone.

It is something I thought hard about, Asked the opinion of others, held family meetings about and weighed out the pro's and cons.

I am not about to blather via the internet WHAT it was that pissed me off so. Sorry. I can't do that.

I will tell you that I reached out to the one other person that I have wanted to work with. And as it happened, he wanted to work with me as well. (I kinda already know that he loves me anyway)

My list of questions was long, and after speaking to Dawn I decided that for ME... My best choice was to gracefully bow out. Kinder care is going a new way and Beanie did not want to follow.

That last day was hard. I held Kingston on my lap as he begged me not to go "But...Beanie. I really don't want you to go. But...will you come BACK?"


"Ummm. no Kingston. Maybe to visit I will."

"Well then I don't like that Beanie, and it makes me very upset with you."

"I am sorry. I love you. You will see me on your mamas facebook."

"Yeah" He nods his head (Which was once so gigantic and now, sadly, is proportionate to his body.)

"Maybe you can come back on Thursdays, because on Thursdays I am in a good mood."

I just kissed his normal size head, which he HATED and squooshed him into my arms.

The HARDEST part was leaving Deanna. My co-teacher. Because I love her and she loves Jesus and has a big booty and laughs at EVERYthing that I say.

She didn't want to hug me goodbye. I had to chase her down. I tried not to cry, but when her arms wrapped around me. I couldn't help it.

She whispered through her tears "There is only one Beanie...and now we don't have you anymore...he does."
And I cried.

And even though I have now moved and I do love my new students, and my co-teachers are nice. I miss all of my babies and Deanna every single day.






No comments: