Thursday, June 19, 2014

Aweties.



In my profession, I see a lot of Autistic children.

When you deal in boogers, snot and the ABC's... you learn to spot them within a couple of minutes.

I call them Aweties.



" I am 37..so what year was I born?" I asked a new child at our school.

He lifted his eyes up to the sky for about..2 seconds and then answered "1977"

"You're amazing." I whispered. Absolutely in Awe of him and his brain.

"Yeah." He nodded at me and then he sat back. That was the end of our social interaction.

I am assuming he was thinking of something mindblowing.


I have a very serious thought about Autistic Children.
I feel like they are the next phase of Human Being....the next step and we, my friends, are all the "missing links' between THEM and caveman.

I read an article about Steven Wiltshire - an autistic man who can recall minute details of every building as he draws a New York city from memory.



I am amazed at the abilities of Autistic Brains. In this world FULL to the brim of technology, we are all so busy trying to keep up, and the Autistic Brain is already there.

We view the autistic child as the 'special' child who has a disability, but in reality I feel that WE are the ones who cannot think the way that the world will need us too in the future.

Autistic people are usually distant, and are socially inept.

But in the future (and even now) we are becoming desensitized to human connection. We play on our phones, ipads and video games as opposed to connecting with one another in person.

Soccer is played on the X-box as opposed to the back yard.

School, the MOST social place that you can be growing up, is becoming web based.

The "symptoms" of Autism are as follows.

Social communication and interaction

  • Fails to respond to his or her name or appears not to hear you at times
  • Resists cuddling and holding and seems to prefer playing alone — retreats into his or her own world
  • Has poor eye contact and lacks facial expression
  • Doesn't speak or has delayed speech, or may lose previous ability to say words or sentences
  • Can't start a conversation or keep one going, or may only start a conversation to make requests or label items
  • Speaks with an abnormal tone or rhythm — may use a singsong voice or robot-like speech
  • May repeat words or phrases verbatim, but doesn't understand how to use them
  • Doesn't appear to understand simple questions or directions
  • Doesn't express emotions or feelings and appears unaware of others' feelings
  • Doesn't point at or bring objects to share interest
  • Inappropriately approaches a social interaction by being passive, aggressive or disruptive

I don't know about you all, but THAT sounds like the perfect recipe for a super human who can rule the world and not be bothered with simple hugs and laughter.

THEIR brain is evolved....OURS is retarded.






No comments: