Monday, January 24, 2011

A very Boobie conversation.

I hear giggeling behind me.

I turn and see a very squishy lovely boy (one of my favorites) sticking his small basketball inside of his shirt.

"I have boooooooooobies!"

I laugh and so does his friends....all crowded around. EXCEPT for his 'girlfriend'.

"That is not funny! That is very naughty of you!" She pouts and runs to tell on him.


"Mrs. Beanie! Mrs.Beanie! Ayden has a ball inside of his shirt...and he says it is his booooooooobie!"

I laugh again (under my breath) and tell her seriously "alright, alright, calm down....Go get a drink of water and ignore these boys." She runs off to do that, throwing Ayden the stink eye over her shoulder.

I sit down in my chair and call Ayden over to me. Here he comes....all crystal blue eyes, sweet face and gruff soft voice.

Inside of his shirt....there is the boobie. He tries to hide it with his hands...

"Hey Ayden..."

He walks between my knees and puts his head on my chest. I squish him and stand him up to face me. "Whacha got there?"

"Where?"

"There." I poke at his singular boob.


"Umm...I was putting this ball inside of my shirt."

"Why."

"Cuz...for it looks like a boobies." He lowers his head.

"Hmmmm. Is there some reason you only have one boob..im pretty sure most people, who have boobs, have two....I might be mistaken though."

He smiles. "Yeah. I only have one ball Mrs.Beanie"

"Ah."  I sit in my chair and try my best not to laugh. "I want you to go into the office, and I want you to show Miss.Dawn your boob."

He smiles and runs in there "Hey Miss.Dawn...I got one boob." He runs out just as fast.

He runs up to me and throws himself at my legs. "I love you Mrs.Beanie."


"I love you too. But...I cannot have you talking about Boobies in my class. You are four years old...and I'm pretty sure, there is a law somewhere, that says you simply mustn't speak about boobies until you are 12."

"Oh. I'm sorry Mrs.Beanie....I dinnt know."

"It's okay. Some children don't know about the 12 year old boobie rule. Now you know."


"Kay...Your reeeally smart Mrs.Beanie."


"I know. I went to college and took an entire semester on stuff like that. When it is polite to fart, rules about boobs....ya know..." I shrug my shoulders. Inside I am smiling.


"WOW." He runs off.

Later.....


"Mrs.Beanie....My ball fell out of the class."

It is Ayden again.

"Really?" I cock my head and stare down at his face. "It fell OUT of class?"

"Mmmhmmm" He starts to squirm

"I think it bounced out of class, because you have been bouncing it off the walls like a beast."

"Yeah Mrs.Beanie. I'm sorry."

The kid is seriously so cute I want to bite his cheeks. The End.

I sigh (very dramatically) and go fetch said ball.

I then stand on a chair and pinch the ball into the ceiling slats.
And there it hangs.

Ayden stares at it.

He hops.

He squats then hops.

I am laughing histerically.

"Use your Jedi mind tricks Obi Wan."

The kids turn as one and stare upon the face of the woman who teaches them.

"You gatta concentrate....use your mind power!"

The stare at me...and then the ball....Ayden squints his eyes and purses his lips.

"Mrs.Beanie...I don't think any of us have mind powers."

"No???"

"Uh uh."


"Oh that's right...in order to have super Jedi mind powers you have to pay attention during circle time, and always learn something EVERY DAY....plus..ya know...college."

I stand back up on the chair, un pinch the ball and hurl it against the far wall.


"WOAH!!! MRS.BEANIE!!!!!" All of the kids laugh, scream and chase after the ball.

I hear Ayden Yell "MRS.BEANIE IS SO COOL! IM GANNA GROW UP AND GO TO COLLEGE TO GET MIND POWERS! I AM SO GANNA LEARN TOMARROW!!!"

I hear all of the boys yell "ME TOO!"

"Im ganna learn MORE then YOU!"

"NO I am!"

And I smile, because these boys believe in Jedi Mind tricks, The 12 year old rule...And because they love me so.

No comments: