Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My son the Viking.

When I came across the viking hat at Christmas time, I KNEW that I had to have it.
I gasped.
I pointed.
I hopped up and down trying to get my stubby body high enough to reach it.

"Beanie! You have bought Foofy ENOUGH stuff! Concentrate on Emma!"

Dinga was right of course, But still...STILL...this was the last hat he would get.

I double pinky promised.

She sighed and above the x-box 360 and the Dungeons and Dragons he got... THIS is what I was most excited about.

Christmas eve I wrapped it with care, and laughed maniacly when I was done.
He will NEVER guess what THAT is!!! I proudly exclaimed to my brother.

I jammed it on Santa's head, and got to work on the rest of the stuff I had to do. Still....my eyes kept wandering back to the genius hat that I had purchased.
Let's not pretend, I actually woke up my kids on Christmas morning.... I peeked into Shanes room and saw him on his computer.

"Pssssssssssssssst...Is Emma awake?!" I stage whispered

Shane turned and looked. "Nope. She FINALLY is asleep."

"Good....Now WAKE HER UP! I'm ganna hop into bed, have her wake me up! SANTA CAME!" I squealed with glee and hid in my bed.
The snores that softly escaped my lips, were in fact brilliant.

Soon enough we wandered into the living room, Emma's hair was messy and her eyes were alight with Magic. She stood at the bottom of our dead... dry, Christmas tree, covered in a pound of tinsel and her mouth dropped open.

I clapped and promptly flopped onto the couch.

Shanes eyes wandered...and beheld....The wrapped hat-o-viking.

"Oh mom....." He smiled at me...so HUGE. "Mom...Oh come one!!!!...REALLY?!!!"

I clapped, and laughed and screamed with happiness. "Yes!!"

"He looked at the blue wrapped package and folded his arms. "Oh now..I will NEVER guess what THAT is!"

He looked at me with such happiness, I wanted to pee on my foot.

When he unwrapped the hat of glee, he plopped it in his head and wore it for exactly 5 minutes. Until he unwrapped his soda drinking hat....his fancy cap....His umbrella hat....His towering pillar of hats...that Emma and I had pieced together TYVM.

Last week I snatched up my babies and took them out to Denny's.

Shane, as usual, stood infront of his massive hat collection and stroked his budding chin hair.


"Hmmmm...Which one shall I grace people with tonight? Choices ...choices..."

I suggested the Viking, and he suggested I was a genius!

I will tell you this. I love my son for an inumerable reasons. But at the top of that list HAS to be his ability to walk amongst the people at walmart and Denny's, capped with horns and returning peoples stares with "Hey, how ya doing?"....."What's up?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love that young man!

Anonymous said...

Now "THAT'S a CONFIDANT young man!" Love him! Auntie Lois