Monday, January 17, 2011

Nose picker.

I really wish 3 year olds wouldnt fight with me.


"Mrs. Beanie...." A little girl softly whispers.

"Yes Squish?" 

"Can you put on some Micheal Jackson for me?" Her huge blue eyes stare into mine. So bright they almost hurt.

"Course I can."

I make my way over to the radio and pick out a properly amazing song "Change the world".
I thought it was appropriate due to the fact that today is MLK day and we were making lovely art to celebrate his birthday.

I sway to the music and the children swarm around me. They giggle and proclaime me "Silly!"
From my left I hear a grumble "That is NOT Micheal Jackson."

I smile and reply... "Yes it is."

He stands up and faces me "NO IT'S NOT!" His body vibrated with the force of his Yell.


I turn and face him, my eyes skinnying up "Yes it IS...."

"NO it's not. That is not Micheal Jackson!"

Okay. The kid is starting to raise my ire. I close my eyes...breathe....realize that, Hey, who cares if the twirp doesn't believe me? He's 3.

I turn my back and dance with the children....And I hear the child plop himself in a chair. "You are all dancing to something ELSE, that is NOT Micheal Jackson!" And he proceeds to laugh.

The little girl, with the bright blue eyes starts to frown.
She stops dancing.
I see tears.

I walk over to the little boy, "How old are you?"

"Three."

"I'm Thirty Three and I am telling you this IS Micheal Jackson!"

"Is NOT!"

"Is too!"


"Is NOT!"

"Is Too!"

(Yes...I'm arguing with a 3 year old.)

A co-teacher walks by the room and laughs. "Beanie!" She screeches...she keeps walking.

"Is NOT!"

"IS.TOO..Infinity times 12 no take backs Pfffft!"

The child stares at me....Prolly cuz he doesn't know what infinity is. My heart swells with the pride of winning the "is not" game, which, if you didn't know...is BIG in Preschool. HUGE.

He keeps staring at me. "Plus...you eat your boogers. That means I'm automatically always right. The end."

He stood there for a second. Then he ran over to us.... "hey...Mrs.Beanie...Can I dance to Micheal Jackson too?"

"Of course you can."

And we danced.....


The "Is not" game ALWAYS works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaahahahaaaaa! this is why you are the bestest preschool teacher in the whole wide world!!
dingy

-Lo said...

Thanks love....Plus. I LOVE THE Is not game...I could play it for EVER!!!!